Magazine Recycling Program
Glossy Magazine Donations
Save Magazines for Ronald McDonald House!
Now you can support the Ronald McDonald House of Hershey in a brand new way and help our communities in the recycling effort too. How? By saving magazines and catalogues, then dropping them off at the Ronald McDonald House. Please bring in anything that is GLOSSY! That means magazines, catalogues, and annual reports – just as long as the pages are slick and glossy. Unfortunately we cannot use newspapers or telephone books.
What do I use to store and transport magazines?
Please use boxes or heavy bags to transport your magazines. Empty magazines into our large green magazine containers. Then take your boxes and bags home for refills! Please do not put plastic or paper bags, boxes, rubber bands or string into the magazine containers.
What does the Ronald McDonald House do with Magazines?
When the magazine containers are full, we call Consolidated Scrap Resources in Lebanon, PA to pick up the containers. They recycle the glossy paper and send a check to the Ronald McDonald House! Over $328,000 has been raised through this program since 2004 through the recycling of over 11,400 tons of glossy paper.
What about Group Projects?
Schools, scouts, clubs, houses of worship, civic groups, and businesses are encouraged to spread the word. Members who serve as a mini collection site can bring larger amounts and help save gas!
How are the proceeds used?
All funds are used to support the operations of the Ronald McDonald House in Hershey. We offer a temporary home to out-of-town families who have seriously ill children being treated at the Penn State Health Children’s Hospital. Up to 35 families each night stay at the Ronald McDonald House free of charge, because of the generosity of our wonderful donors.
What about aluminum tab tops?
Please keep ‘em coming! WE LOVE THOSE TABS!
Where do I bring them?
Drop them into the green magazine containers at these locations:
- Carlisle – McDonald’s Restaurant – 1176 Harrisburg Pike
- Elizabethtown – Darrenkamp’s Market-191 Ridgeview Road South
- Enola – Kmart-Summerdale Plaza (Route 11/15)
- Ephrata – Public Works Complex, off Church Ave.
- Gettysburg – Len Dick Signs-3000 York Road (Route 30)
- Harrisburg – McDonald’s Restaurant-4605 Jonestown Road – across from Colonial Park Mall
- Harrisburg – Harrisburg Area Community College-Industrial Blvd. Parking Lot 3
- Hershey – Ronald McDonald House-745 West Governor Road (Route 322) east of M.S. Hershey Medical Center
- Lancaster – McDonald’s, 1434 Manheim Pike, rear lot
- Lancaster – West Lampeter Township, 852 Village Road, Lampeter, PA – behind Township Building
- Lebanon – Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority, 1610 Russell Road
- Lebanon – McDonald’s Restaurant-757 East Cumberland Street
- Lebanon – 16th and Cumberland Streets
- Lititz – Lancaster County Airport, 520 Airport Rd. (Facing the airport, the container is to the left of Winkie’s & The Pilot Shop)
- Manheim – VFW Post #5956 (rear)-149 South Charlotte Street
- Mechanicsburg – Mechanicsburg Middle School-South Market Street
- Middletown – Karn’s Quality Foods-101 South Union Street
- Mount Joy – Wissler Motors, 1205 West Main Street, (gravel lot across the street from dealership)
- Palmyra – Klick-Lewis Family of Dealerships (rear)-Cherry Street between Duke and Prince
- Shillington (Berks County) – Governor Mifflin Middle School, 130 East Lancaster Avenue, rear parking lot
- York – Consolidated Scrap Resources-120 Hokes Mill Road. 7 a.m.- 4 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Containers are marked “magazines only” so that other non-glossy paper, plastic bags, and trash are not deposited. All glossy paper is acceptable.
If you bring your collection to the House, stop by the reception desk at the House to say hello and get a written acknowledgement.