Magazine Recycling Program
Glossy Magazine Donations
Save Magazines for Ronald McDonald House!
Support RMHC-CP and go green by collecting and donating your glossy magazines! Anything glossy counts – that means magazines, catalogs and annual reports. Unfortunately we cannot use newspapers or telephone books.
What do I use to store and transport magazines?
Boxes or heavy bags make transporting your magazines to the donation drop offs easy. Please only place your magazines in the bins – we cannot accept plastic or paper bags, boxes, rubber bands or string in the magazine containers.
What do you do with donated magazines?
When the containers are full, we call Consolidated Scrap Resources in Lebanon, PA to pick up the containers. They recycle the glossy paper and send a check to the Ronald McDonald House! Over $346,000 has been raised through this program since 2004 through the recycling of 12,078 tons of glossy paper.
What about group projects?
Schools, scouts, clubs, houses of worship, civic groups, and businesses are encouraged to spread the word. Members who serve as a mini collection site can bring larger amounts and help save gas!
How are the proceeds used?
All funds are used to support the operations of RMHC-CP. We offer a temporary home to out-of-town families who have seriously ill children being treated at the Penn State Children’s Hospital. Up to 35 families each night stay at the Ronald McDonald House free of charge because of the generosity of our wonderful donors.
What about aluminum tab tops?
Where do I bring them?
Drop glossy magazines into the green containers at these locations:
- Carlisle – McDonald’s Restaurant – 1176 Harrisburg Pike
- Elizabethtown – Darrenkamp’s Market-191 Ridgeview Road South
- Enola – Kmart – Summerdale Plaza (Route 11/15)
- Ephrata – Public Works Complex, off Church Ave.
- Gettysburg – Len Dick Signs – 3000 York Road (Route 30)
- Harrisburg – Harrisburg Area Community College – Industrial Road Gate 2
- Hershey – Ronald McDonald House – 745 West Governor Road (Route 322) east of M.S. Hershey Medical Center
- Lancaster – McDonald’s, 1434 Manheim Pike, rear lot
- Lancaster – West Lampeter Township, 852 Village Road, Lampeter, PA – behind Township Building
- Lebanon – Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority, 1610 Russell Road
- Lebanon – 16th and Cumberland Streets
- Lititz – Lancaster County Airport, 520 Airport Rd. (Facing the airport, the container is to the left of Winkie’s & The Pilot Shop)
- Mechanicsburg – Mechanicsburg Middle School – South Market Street
- Middletown – Karn’s Quality Foods – 101 South Union Street
- Mount Joy – Wissler Motors, 1205 West Main Street (gravel lot across the street from dealership)
- Palmyra – Klick-Lewis Family of Dealerships (rear) – Cherry Street between Duke and Prince
- Shillington (Berks County) – Governor Mifflin Middle School, 130 East Lancaster Avenue, rear parking lot
- York – Consolidated Scrap Resources – 120 Hokes Mill Road. (Monday – Friday 7 a.m. -4 p.m. only)
PLEASE NOTE: Containers are marked “magazines only” so that other non-glossy paper, plastic bags and trash are not deposited. All glossy paper is acceptable.
If you bring your collection to the House, stop by the reception desk at the House to say hello and get a written acknowledgement.