The Ronald McDonald Family Room® is located within Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and offers a place of respite for families of pediatric patients. This home-like space helps keep families together and near the care and resources they need.
Services for Families
When families walk into the Ronald McDonald Family Room, we want them to forget they’re in a hospital. Our Family Room is located on the 7th floor, just off the south elevator, in the main hospital. It is just steps away from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and Pediatric Progressive Care Unit (PPCU) units and also available to families in Penn State Children’s Hospital.
- Living room area – relax or sleep
- Kitchen and dining area with a microwave and refrigerator
- Shower and personal care items
- Laundry facilities, including washers, dryers, and laundry detergent
- A seating area with television and computer access
This Fall, we look forward to opening our new Ronald McDonald Family Room in Penn State Children’s Hospital expansion.